frc FEES

this forum is mainly for farriers - all are welcome but don't enter if you are easily offended!

Moderator: admin

csc

frc FEES

Postby csc » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:34 pm

SO frc want fees for 2018 to be £228 any views on this

csc

Re: frc FEES

Postby csc » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:45 pm

AOB FRC AGAENDA

matters raised as AOB will need to be concidered on individual basis as to whether they should be considered within a clossed session, and no sign of any corespondence from farriers

john ford

Postby john ford » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:39 pm

csc wrote:SO frc want fees for 2018 to be £228 any views on this

This I understand is for us Registered Farriers to reimburse the FRC's Bank Account after they squandered in excess of £50,0000 in failed court cases.

PNB

Postby PNB » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:59 am

CSC

I am also concerned about items to be held in a closed session at the next FRC.

Are we not a Statutory Body honour bound to debate ( Lord Bew directive) with total openness and absolute transparency, then within public view?

Isnt then FRC deemed at law to be a publicly observed meeting. Questions to be raised pre FRC next week.28th June.

Open to all who wish to attend.

PNB.

john ford

Postby john ford » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:33 pm

As the meeting begins, I suggest you all raise this point, but make sure you do your homework first as to the rules and laws of council, to stop those clever academics making fools of you.

Italian stallion

Postby Italian stallion » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:20 pm

Well in the interest of openess and transparency, would it not be prudent for FRC to let us farriers and the general public know exactly how much money's have been lost or paid out in compensation to other before they take it upon themselves to dig deep into farriers pockets by steeling more money off us working farriers.

They are burden on the everyday farrier and also to the welfare of the horse, unfortunately they are deemed useless by all but for one reason or another they always manage to steel from us farriers.

Pnb, please feel free to quote me at the meeting, we pay enough money as it is and more than deserve an answer.

john ford

Postby john ford » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:36 pm

This letter was placed on the BFBA Facebook page.

‎David Hall‎ to British Farriers and Blacksmiths Association
2 hrs ·
On the 28 of June the Frc are holding a council meeting. One of the topics to be voted on will be another significant increase in the retention fee. While I agree to the rising costs of everything a fundamental basic of capitalism, 50% increase over two consecutive years is unacceptable. That's a 50%increase in our retention fee and a 50% increase in the Frc budget, a position that all public sector bodies would like.
The budget has been funding the Frc perfectly well up until last year, it is difficult from the outside to see where the added value is in the increase.
Has there been any attempt at saving money in line with all other public bodies? Or do all increases have to be met by farriers? It's often argued that we are getting our retention fees much cheaper than some other regulatory bodies such as vets or doctors. But we are neither vets nor doctors and as regards aligning us on a monetary basis suggesting that justifies an increase can someone explain that.
It's important to categorise where costs increase;
they can be from unforeseen circumstances, in the case of a regulatory body a huge loss in a high court, or in any institution a failing of investments or what ever, but that needs to be out In the open and transparent figures to justify it.
They can be an increase in house keeping, but if the budget needs to be increased by that amount then that needs clarifying. It's Been pointed out that costs for the disciplinary committee will rise since the 2017 farriers act, well there were costs in the DC before, not small costs, so will the that account for the Frc increase, no. If it's data management can we justify that sort of increase. If it's cost relating to the running of the Frc then how have they been allowed to rise so high.
The last reason for cost rise can be expansion. It's already stated that the DC and IC will cost more, that is an easy sum to calculate, the previous costs plus the proposed increase in day rates and numbers will give us that figure. Will it reach the figure of increase well that could be explained for sure.
So tomorrow there will be a vote on the implementation of the rise I would respectfully ask council members to ask for more details and postpone the vote to the next meeting to allow for consultation with the members of the profession that have to pay this with out question. I can think of no other organisations that could implement a rise like that and the payee's have no say. Also if it appears that we are on an elevator of payment, at what point will it reach the ceiling.
David Hall Dip WCF (Hons) Bsc (Hons)
Ben Benson Stuart Craig Craig D'Arcy

csc

Postby csc » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:47 am

Here is a brief explanation of how I saw the FRC meeting today

The FRC have purchased a building in Peterborough the chair would not disclose the cost.
The cost of an apprentice after September could go from £3500 to £9000 and there could be a funding issue with welsh farrier apprentices.

The FRC intend to conduct a random check of farriers insurance policy’s

The registrar said there had been no prosecution from the disclosure policy. Although council supported measures to penalise for noncompliance i.e. ATFs could be removed as Atfs.
BFBA representative Mr Benson said the only worry regarding disclosure was because it was bureaucratic and it was claimed by Greenwood that 83% supported disclosure by returning there forms.
Only Myself and P Baker did not support this and voted against.

The registration fee is due to rise to £228, again myself and P Baker voted against Benson, D,arcy Willard and Gordon supported the rise.
We were informed The rise if for IC and DC costs in the future.

Data protection it seems that the FRC have been flogging your details to suppliers and the forge magazine. Greenwood says even with a tick of our approval at the side of our registration form it could no longer be given out.

The chairman refused to discuss issues from farriers that had been forwarded to council at this point I resigned and am no longer your rep on council

PNB

Postby PNB » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:39 am

Stuart, All,
I am/was particularly concerned about the FRC data protection policy, that it seems that specific farriers registered information has seemingly been sold on by FRC to commercially interested parties. Some years ago I had suggested the commercial selling of farriers registration data from FRC held informations didn't feel quite right.
It seems recent data suggests (and following Nolan and Lord Bew,s reports on openness and transparency), this may not be quite in order as I had historically cautioned to Council! I requested that the relevant authority should be contacted and informed of FRCs over site and as necessariy their advise sought regarding a way forwards. My suggestion was denied. I was told I could report the matter myself if I wished. I however felt it is a matter for FRC as a body to action not 1/16 of Council to deal with.
PNB.

john ford

Postby john ford » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:59 am

Give it FIVE YEARS and the whole lot will come crashing down just like the FTS, unless there are radical changes within. But looking at the set up that are in place on the FRC, I cant see any hope of changes for the good ever happening. Yet as I sit here and ponder about all the problems that are being created by the ever increasing powers of the top persons within the establishment controlling farriery, is it just me and a minority of farriers who are making a fuss over these changes, whilst the majority of the 2896 farriers on the register are as happy as Larry with the present system, because the majority of farriers have not yet been in a position to feel or experience the full wrath of this establishment when or if they get themselves into a bit of bother. If this is the case, I can't see any point in the minority fighting the majority, as it will always turn out as a no win situation. This next election for farrier representatives will give us the answer one way or the other, as to how many put themselves forward to serve on the council in 2018. I hope I am proved wrong, but reading the form from the past, I think there will be very few, which will make the FRC even more happier in their quest of being even more dictatorial control freaks.

PNB

Postby PNB » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:47 am

Stuart,
You enquired about the cost of the new FRC office complex, yesterday I followed up before agreeing to the minuets.
The Registrar told us yesterday it was £425K, I do not have the sale price of Sefton house to hand and when asked the Registrar was not certain as " it was before my tim" he said. I feel it was considerable less than £425k however, especially when you include the vast, building works carried out by FRC for the office improvement post sale.
I suppose it amounts to a bit more registration money down the drain. I hope this gives you a bit more info about your last meeting unanswered questions.
Any Comments please.
PNB.

Return to “farriers discussion board”